30 Sep Fennel
Posted at 22:29h in Herbs English
The fennel herb is native to southwestern Asia and southern Europe, especially the Mediterranean.
Medicinal properties of fennel for women
Fennel can be prescribed to 90% of women, as it
- helps with hormonal balance.
- increases lactation in breastfeeding mothers, through increasing estrogen.
- prevents menopause and eliminates the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes.
- has anti-obesity properties.
- relieves vaginal inflammation and discomfort.
- prevents menstruation.
- has anti-aging properties.
Other Health Benefits
- The herb is rich in vitamins C and B which are important agents in collagen boosting, skin rejuvenating and wrinkle removal. In general, it is used in natural cosmetics production in many countries in the world.
- Fennel extract is effective in cold relief treatment.
- It strengthens vision, another miraculous property of this herb. It is also useful in treating night blindness and eyelid inflammation while protecting the eyes against aging related problems.
- It contains a substance called anethole that has cancer-fighting properties, especially breast cancer as it reduces the NF-kappa B gene-modifying agent and inflammatory-stimulating molecule.
- It also prevents colon cancer with its high fiber components.
- The Coumarin in fennel is a blood thinner that can help those with artery problems.