08 Oct Oxtongue
The Amazing Benefits of Oxtongue
Oxtongue mainly grows in Isfahan and Azerbaijan provinces as well as foothills of Alborz mountains. Most of the properties of the herb are due to the presence of potassium nitrate substance.
Ingredients of Oxtongue
- Rich in antioxidants
- Flavonoids and anthocyanins
- Gamma-linolenic acid and choline
- Vitamins B and C
- Magnesium and calcium
- Iron and potassium
Medicinal properties of Oxtongue
The flowers, seeds, and leaves of the herb are full of healing properties. In addition, the seeds are used in producing cooking oil. The herb is associated with many medical properties as followed:
- Having warm nature, nutrient, and exhilarating properties
- Helping with treating chickenpox and measles
- Preventing mouth sores, ulcers, rash
- Relaxing nerves
- Treating dry coughs and colds if consumed as herbal tea in cold winter.
- Helping with expelling bladder and kidney stones, as well as treating oral pain.