08 Oct Rose flower
Rosa x damascena
Rose Flower is one of the aromatic plants that is native to the Alborz and central Iran mountains. Mohammady or red roses are other names of the flower. Rosewater is also made from a kind of this flower.
India, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Afghanistan are the countries that are active in the field of aroma making and oil extracting from the plant.
The history of growing this plant goes back to the Achaemenid era in Fars province. Later in the Safavid era, the herb was planted in the foothills of Kashan, though it was cultivated in the Shah Mountain of Lalehzar region of Kerman. Today, the cultivation of the Rose Flower has increased in the region due to the suitable climate condition. It can be said that Iran is the largest poduction hub of Rose Flower in the world.
Amazing Features of Rose Flower
- Strengthening the stomach and relaxing nerves
- Relieving headaches
- Treating heart disease and rheumatism
- Relieving stomach pain and chronic coughing
- Improving and strengthening the digestive system
- Preventing osteoporosis
- Softening and glowing the skin
- Anti- Allergy and inflammation
- Reducing the volume of menstrual bleeding
- Liver cleansing
- Protecting against cardiovascular problems
- Fighting cancer
- Repairing body cells as it’s rich in vitamin C and other compounds such as ellagic acid, and querceti
Uses of Rose Flower
The products of the plant include dried petals, rosewater, and essential oils. The herb is used in:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Perfumes and cologne
- Food industry
- Cosmetics & Hygienic Products
- Jam syrup
- Confectionery industries
- Ice cream making
It is worth noting that every year, the Iranian essential oils and rosewater is exported to European countries such as Great Britain, France, and the Persian Gulf countries.