30 Sep Fennel
Posted at 22:29h in Herbs English
The fennel herb is grown and cultivated in some parts of Iran. The herb is native to southwestern Asia and southern Europe, especially the Mediterranean.
Medicinal properties of fennel for women
Fennel can be prescribed to 90% of women, as it
- helps with hormonal balance.
- increases lactation in breastfeeding mothers, through increasing estrogen.
- prevents menopause and eliminates the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes.
- has anti-obesity properties.
- relieves vaginal inflammation and discomfort.
- prevents menstruation.
- has anti-aging properties.
Other Health Benefits
- The herb is rich in vitamins C and B which are important agents in collagen boosting, skin rejuvenating and wrinkle removal. In general, it is used in natural cosmetics production in many countries in the world.
- Fennel extract is effective in cold relief treatment.
- It strengthens vision, another miraculous property of this herb. It is also useful in treating night blindness and eyelid inflammation while protecting the eyes against aging related problems.
- It contains a substance called anethole that has cancer-fighting properties, especially breast cancer as it reduces the NF-kappa B gene-modifying agent and inflammatory-stimulating molecule.
- It also prevents colon cancer with its high fiber components.
- The Coumarin in fennel is a blood thinner that can help those with artery problems.